Submit for your free online quote today!
Have you ever compared insurance rates with a friend or a family member only to discover your premiums are different? See how we can compare multiple insurance companies and get the lowest rates in the neighborhood.
Why Do You Need Auto Insurance?
Auto accidents can happen – even to the best drivers. Insurance can help cover repairs to your vehicle and medical costs. Insurance is your firewall against economic disaster should you cause an accident and there is property damage or injuries to other people.
What is Auto Insurance Coverage?
An auto insurance policy is a package of several primary coverages. The coverages may vary depending on the state where you live. Your premium payment is the total of these separate coverages for a given period of time.
What are the coverages?
- Bodily injury liability coverage – pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage – provides you with protection if your car accidently damages another persons property. It also provides you with a legal defense.
- Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for damage to your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.